Sunday, December 14, 2008

11 days till christmas

Mr. Football and I had a pretty busy weekend...We started the excitment Friday night when one of my bestest girlfriends came home from Hawaii, yes Hawaii. Little S (as we like to call her) happened to meet this boy at our wedding. They started talking and decided to exchange phone numbers. While the hubby and I were on our honeymoon they talked pretty much everyday. This boy just so happens to live in Hawaii and invited Little S to come visit anytime...well Little S, being a very smart fun girl, decided to take him up on his offer. So she was able to fly to Hawaii for 12 days pretty much all expenses paid. She had a wonderful time there, and while I'm not exactly sure of their relationship, I know that they are great friends now...oh and did I mention that this "boy" happens to be my brother? I think it would be so much fun to have one of my best friends as my sister-in-law but I think I'm getting ahead of myself...we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

So Friday night we all went to dinner and exchanged Secret Santa names. I'm very excited about who I picked because I already knew what I planned on getting this person...and that just about never happens. I'm always at a loss as to what to get people...either I want to buy someone everything, or I have no clue.

Saturday the hubby and I spent the afternoon "attempting to" Christmas shop. Pretty much we went to several stores, got discouraged with the crowds and left with nothing. I did find a 2008 ornament for our tree and a photo frame ornament for Jax. But shopping for myself defeats the purpose of "Christmas Shopping".

Our friends invited us to a Christmas Party Saturday night, there was good food and fun people. We played Euchre, where I happened to beat Mr. Football pretty much every game. He and his friend were not very good sports about losing so they ended up cheating to win! Very uncool...


Today we went to a friends for a Premier Designs Jewelry party. The girls shopped for jewelry and the boys played Guitar Hero. There was lots of cute jewelry that I wanted but since we broke the bank with our wedding we only have enough to spend on others. I bought my mom a very cute charm bracelet. Hopefully it will be here in time for Christmas...


Tonight I'm on-call for work again. Someone must have called in sick because I'm the "A" transport person. I should probably try to get a nap in since I could go out anytime, but I really just was to read my book...


Everyone has been talking about it and I really wasn't that into it when I first started reading it, but now I'm hooked...

...back to reading!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

So you're liking Twilight? I keep hearing about it, people are crazy about it, but just looking at it, it holds zero interest for me. I am curious though, as to why it's SO popular.

Those lockets are cute cute cutie cute.

ashley said...

it's hard not to get ahead of your self with potential family-best friend match ups lol. :-) fun to daydream..