Thursday, January 29, 2009

Devestated

I wrote a post about the P Family awhile back here... They are part of our FRamily (as my BFF cookie puts it) and they need our help. Their 5 month old Bryson has been sick off and on for about a month now and after numerous doctors visits he was finally admitted to the hospital last night for dehydration and an abnormal blood count. After a thourough examination the hospital doctor noticed a hard area on his stomach. An ultrasound and x-ray were ordered and this morning a CT was done. They've found a tumor growing on his kidney and they've determined that he has Stage 3 cancer. We are completely devestated and in shock. His parents are going through every parents worst nightmare...they feel completely helpless and hopeless.

The plan is to do a few more tests, get a biopsy of the tumor, start chemotherapy and then hopefully remove it. I've seen how prayers have helped MckMama's baby Stellan and Kelly's baby Harper and I'm asking for your prayers for Baby Bryson. The hubby and I are doing everything we can for our dear friends but Bryson's health is out of our hands.


Bryson after bath time, 1 week old

Bryson and I, 6 week old



Smiley baby with his mama, 3 months old



Christmas, 4 months



In the hospital


Please keep Bryson and his family in your prayers...

13 comments:

KLC said...

What a beautiful baby boy. I will pray for him and his family. That picture of you and him on your wedding day is unbelievably adorable!!!

ashley said...

oh my goodness... this is so sad! i will keep him in my prays as well. he is precious and yes, that photo from the wedding.. adorable. i know he's going to be a little fighter!!! i'll def post about it on my blog!

d.a.r. said...

Oh how sad!! I will definitely be praying for them!

Sarah said...

I know that you don't know who I am, but I just happened to stumble upon your blog from another friend's blog. I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for them!

PS: I am engaged to a sailor in the Navy and will be moving to Virginia to be with him in about a month. And I'm going to school to become a nurse. I just thought it was very ironic haha.

Mary Teresa said...

We'll be praying. He's adorable and I'll be keeping him in my heart and mind.

Rachel H. said...

We will be praying! I can't imagine what his parents are going through right now.

Nantucket Karen said...

Being the mother of 3 boys, reading about this PRECIOUS little angel boy has broken my heart. I'm going to put him on our Prayer Chain at my catholic church. God Bless Bryson & his whole family!!!!!

Cookie said...

Don't worry meow, your not the only one. TLove and I lost it last night in the parking lot. It really bites. It's not fair. I'm having a hard time not losing it in front of my boss either. It's amazing how such a little guy can make an entire world stop spinning when he is hurt. I don't know what to do. If something happens to him, I am afraid I will lose the little bit of faith that I had remaining since my dad died. But nothing is going to happen to him so I don't have to worry about it, right? This is just a test, an awful test, but we will all pass and will do so with flying colors, especially BDawg. TLove sent Daddy P a text and I like what he said in it. He said that BDawg came early because he was fighting to be with them sooner, so that's why he knows that he is strong enough to fight and stay with them longer. I forgot my phone at home so if you need me you will have to get a hold of TLove. He should have my work number too.

Ellen Mint said...

I'm so sorry for everyone affected by this trajedy. He clearly has some amazing people in his life who can help him through this.

Lindsey said...

What a precious child! Please know I'm praying!

Jordan said...

He's so cute! I will definately be praying for Bryson and his family.

Sarah VM said...

I will pray for him and his family!

rebecca said...

Oh my gosh, that breaks my heart. What a sweet little guy. I'll be praying for them!!