Tuesday, February 3, 2009

updates

Bryson did well in surgery yesterday. They decided to put in a venous port which is a permanent IV access site so that he doesn't need to be poked constantly for IV's and labs and they did a biopsy of the tumor. The results won't be in until Wednesday sometime but from the looks of the tumor itself they're thinking a Neuroblastoma...which is not what we wanted. So we'll just be waiting for another 24 hours to find out what has upturned our lives.

I have to appologize for not having anything fun or exciting to blog about. When I initially started this blog it was to write about my everyday life as a newlywed. It was supposed to be lighthearted and fun...which with the help of Mr. Loves-football-more-than-life I think I accomplished that...

How I wish we could go back to that. I wish that we could just hang out in the evenings, have him ask me "whats for dinner" and I give him the "look" back because he surely knows I'll be leaving for work in an hour. I wish that I had more chaotic doggy stories to share. I wish that I could be excited about our ski trip this weekend, or that we could be planning our Disney trip, where we would have been celebrating Bryson's first birthday. Instead my life has revolved around working, visiting and being strong with my best friends and being a source of information for our friends and co-workers. I've barely seen Mr. Football, other than at the hospital and briefly before or after he or I works.

I guess I'm just frustrated with not having any answers like everyone else, and I'm still wondering...what just happened to our lives?

6 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

I'm sorry that you're feeling so overwhelmed right now. It is depressing just how awful life can be sometimes and I hope for the best for Bryson and all of you.

But you're doing the best you can for him and you can't really ask any more from yourself.

d.a.r. said...

Oh gosh you must be so overwhelmed and stressed right now. I am so sorry! You are an amazing friend and person, though, and they are so lucky to have your support and love.

Take care of yourself, too!

Cookie said...

You are the best friend that they could ever ask for. Unfortunately, what happens with all of this in the long run is in the hands of the big man upstairs and him only. But because of you their journey can be a little less stressful so that they can focus on what is truly important right now, Bryson.

Daily life now seems so unreal right now, and it hurts. Mr. Football understands and knows that you have to deal with this the best way you know how, just like he is dealing with it the best way he knows and that Tlove and I are dealing the best way we know. It's all about the P family right now, and i hope that someday, things will be back to normal, where we will all be hanging out, taking millions of photos of Bryson, and playing games like we used to.

rebecca said...

I can't imagine what your friends are going through. You're all in my prayers!

Especially that sweet little boy!

Mary Teresa said...

Don't feel sorry for not having a lighter topic. You and your friends are going through a very hard time. We're praying for you and keeping you in mind. Life isn't always rosy, and no pair of rose colored glasses can make it that way. I hope you and Mr. Football as well as Bryson and his family get a little time to relax and embrace the blessings that find you.

Still thinking of you. Stay strong and brave.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Said a prayer...

Just stumbled across your blog while browsing.